SPANISH 3 and 4 – EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY
PROJECT NAME: “VOTE PARA (INSERT YOUR SPANISH NAME HERE)”
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING PROJECT:
1. Create a short 30 second to 60 second video commercial of you running for one of the following position… the Mayor of Knox, President of the USA, Governor of Indiana, or the President of the KHS Student Council. The entire video must be in Spanish and you must use at least 10 of the vocabulary words/phrases found in UNIDAD 2, ETAPA 1 of your course textbook, specifically, p. 123. Additional pertinent vocab is also acceptable to use in the video.
2. You must you include sentences/questions in Spanish and in the following tenses: present, preterite, impeferfect, future, pres. perfect and present subjunctive or present perfect subjunctive. You may use other tenses as well.
3. The setting for your video commercial can be virtually anywhere, inside, outside, etc. Be sure to include at least three props in your video commercial. These could be things you refer to which can be seen in the video or that you touch or pick up or hold during the video.
4. You can shoot the video with a camcorder, or even a digital camera or cell phone camera providing you have enough memory within the device to shoot 30 to 60 seconds worth of footage. You may want to have someone hold the camera for you while you are acting in the video.
5. You must submit your video by the due date in one of these formats: video cassette tape, CD/DVD, memory card or memory stick. BE SURE TO MAKE YOURSELF A COPY SO THAT YOU HAVE A BACK UP IN CASE THE ONE YOU TURN IN DOES NOT WORK.
6. Your video can include other people in the background or interacting with you during the video, but the interaction must pertinent to the video/commercial theme. Additionally, you must speak clearly enough that you can be understood by the viewers.
7. When you turn in your video you must include the following information on a 3 x 5 note card. Be sure to put both the video and the note card in an envelope, seal it and write your first and last name on the outside of the envelope.
Your Spanish first name and English last name
Your Class level: Spanish 3 / 4
Your Class block: W4
A copy of this webpage must be printed and glued or taped to the back of your poster as well.
8. All videos must be acceptable for viewing in the school. Any inappropriate videos or ones which are not in line with the school rules and policies will not be accepted.
Your project will be graded on the following:
Completed on time = 1.0 pt.
Creativity = 1.0 pt.
All guidelines outlined above were followed = 1.0 pt.
If you get all 2.5 to 3 pts. That will result in a 2% boost added to your over all class grade.
If you get 2.0 – 2.4 pts, this will result in a 1% added to your overall class grade.
If you get 1.9 – 1.0 pt., this will result in a 1/2% added to your overall class grade.
If you get less than 1.0 pts., this will result in no extra credit.
IF YOU NEED ANY MORE CLARIFICATION OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE SEÑOR K.