SPANISH 1 – EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY
PROJECT NAME: “MI PUEBLO” (MY TOWN)
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING PROJECT:
1. Take pictures of at least 8 places around the town of Knox and/or the town in which you live with a camera of the Spanish words on p. 261 of your textbook under the section entitled IDENTIFYING PLACES….you may also use other words of places which we have covered or studied this year, such as LA BIBLIOTECA, EL CAFÉ, EL RESTAURANTE, EL ESTADIO, ETC. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE EXACT SAME PICTURE ON EACH OTHER’S POSTER. THEY CAN USE PICTURES OF THE SAME LOCATION, BUT NOT THE EXACT SAME PICTURES.
2. Using a piece of poster board, no larger than 24 inches by 36 inches, and no small than 18 inches by 24 inches, organize and glue on the pictures of the places.
3. You must label all the places with the Spanish word that represents the place.
4. The labeling may be written out or typed out on a computer, printed and cut to fit on the poster board above or below each picture.
5. Your poster should include a border design of at least 1 inch in width. It must also include a this title: MI PUEBLO
6. Your posted should be colorful….this would mean it includes at least three colors on it, other than WHITE, and other than any other colors that might appear in a glued on pictures / photos.
8. On the back of your poster board you must clearly print the following information:
Your Spanish first name and English last name
Your Class level: Spanish I
Your Class block: R1, R3 or W3 depending on which one you are in
A copy of this webpage must be glued or taped to the back of your poster as well.
9. All posters must be acceptable for display in the school. Any inappropriate posters or ones which are not in line with the school rules and policies will not be accepted.
Your project will be graded on the following:
Completed on time = 1 pt.
Done neatly = 1 pt.
(meaning without sloppiness, cuts are clean, no fringes, no poor writing or glue messes/marks, etc.)
All guidelines outlined above were followed = 1 pt.
If you get all 3 pts. That will result in a 1% boost added to your over all class grade.
If you get 2 pts, this will result in a 1/2% added to your overall class grade.
If you get 1 pt., this will result in a 1/4% added to your overall class grade.
IF YOU NEED ANY MORE CLARIFICATION OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE SEÑOR K.